Saturday 15 October 2016

Gorzów - St. Mary's Cathedral

St. Mary's Cathedral is the oldest building in Gorzów Wielkopolski. It was founded at the end of the 12th century on the site of the city's former church. The cathedral was constructed in the gothic style, although it also includes romanesque elements. 

Yesterday I visited a photo exhibition inside the Cathedral and took some evening shots outside with Canon 5D III and the little EF 1.8/28 lens. 



Today I visited the tower of the Cathedral up to the top as only foreigner with a big groop of Polish children. The tower is huge inside and the rooms are used as a museum. The guide explained a lot, I understood nothing. The church bell and turret clock photos are by smartphone. 





On the highest point unfortunately all windows with the nice views over the town were closed and locked. The window glasses were quite dirty, so I quickly decided not to take any photo. But the friendly guide mentioned my disappointment and that I brought a big heavy camera (Hasselblad 503CXi, Distagon 4.0/40, PME45 and digital back) all these steps up to the top and without a word unlocked two windows for me and I could shoot some city views. Very nice guide - thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment